Looking for a delicious and nutritious way to add more protein to your diet? Look no further than plant-based proteins! There are tons of great options out there, from grains and legumes to nuts and seeds. In this blog post, we'll take a look at 5 of the best plant-based proteins to try. So whether you're vegan, vegetarian, or just looking for some healthier protein options, you're sure to find something here that will satisfy your taste buds!
1) Quinoa Quinoa is a grain that is often referred to as a "superfood" thanks to its many health benefits, including a positive effect on metabolic health. It's a great source of plant-based protein, providing all nine essential amino acids that our bodies need. Quinoa is also high in fiber, magnesium, and iron. Plus, it's gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. Try it: Quinoa makes a great base for a variety of dishes, from salads to bowls to stir-fries. Or, try using it in place of rice in your next meal!
2) Beans Beans are a versatile and inexpensive protein option that can be used in a variety of dishes. They're a great source of fibre and antioxidants, and have been linked to a variety of health benefits, from decreased blood sugar levels to increased healthy gut bacteria. Plus, they're a great source of plant-based protein, providing about 15 grams per cup. Try them: Add beans to your next salad, soup, or chilli. Or, try making your own black bean burgers at home!
3) Lentils Lentils are another great source of plant-based protein, providing about 18 grams per cup. They're also high in fibre and iron, and have their own set of health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease. Try them: Add lentils to your next soup or stew, or try using them as a base for a veggie burger.
4) Nuts Nuts are a great source of plant-based protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They're also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, copper, and manganese. Additionally, nuts have been linked to some pretty great health benefits, like a decreased risk of heart disease and stroke. Try them: Add nuts to your next salad or bowl, or enjoy them as a healthy snack.
5) Seeds Seeds are a great plant-based protein option for those who are looking for something a little lighter. Like many of the proteins on this list, they're also high in fibre, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals. Additionally, seeds have been linked to a variety of health benefits, including reduced blood pressure and cholesterol. Try them: Add seeds to your next bowl or salad, or use them as a topping for your favourite dish.
The Bottom Line Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, or just looking for some healthier protein options, there are tons of great plant-based proteins to choose from. Quinoa, beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds are all great options that are packed with nutrients and offer a variety of health benefits. So next time you're looking for a delicious and nutritious way to add more protein to your diet, be sure to give one of these plant-based proteins a try! We love plant-based proteins here at Sõl Kitchen! You can find many of them on our menu here.