Healthy eating habits are important for everyone, but they are especially crucial for children. A healthy diet helps kids grow and develop properly, and can set the stage for a lifetime of good health. Sure, it can be tough to get kids to eat their fruits and vegetables, but with a little bit of creativity and effort you can make it happen! In this blog post, we will discuss three helpful tips to get kids eating healthy.
1) Get Them Involved in the KitchenOne of the best ways to get kids interested in healthy eating is to involve them in the kitchen. Let them help with meal planning, grocery shopping, and preparing meals. This will give them a sense of ownership and responsibility, and they will be more likely to eat foods that they have helped to prepare. Another benefit of involving kids in the kitchen is that it can be a great opportunity to teach them about nutrition. You can show them how to read labels and make healthy choices when it comes to food. With all that reading, maybe they'll even teach you a thing or two!
2) Let Them ChooseWhen it comes to meals, give kids some choices. This will allow them to feel like they have some control over what they are eating, and they are more likely to eat foods that they have chosen. Of course, you will want to offer healthy choices, but letting them make the final decision will go a long way in getting them to eat healthy foods. Some ideas for giving kids choices at mealtime include:
- Letting them choose which fruit or vegetable to add to their plate
- Giving them a choice of two different healthy entrees
- Allowing them to decide between milk and water