The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming! It's officially springtime, and that means it's time for a picnic! If you're looking for some ideas on what to pack in your basket, you've come to the right place. In this blog post, we will discuss the 5 must-have picnic snacks for spring. So, be sure to throw a few of these in your basket as you get ready to enjoy the great outdoors!
1) Chips and Dip Chips and dip are one of the best picnic snacks because they are easy to eat and require no utensils. And besides, who doesn't like a few chips every now and again? If you're short on ideas, Doritos and guacamole, Fritos and queso, or pretzels and hummus are all great combinations. Just make sure to pack extra napkins! Pro tip: If you're worried about the dip getting everywhere, place the chips in a plastic baggie and then put the dip on top. This will prevent any accidental dipping mishaps!
2) Veggies and Dip If you're looking for a healthier alternative to chips, then veggies and dip are also a great option. Plus, they travel well and are easy to eat on the go. Just chop up some carrots, celery, peppers, or whatever other veggies you like and pack them in a container with your favourite dip. Ranch, hummus, or guacamole all make great dipping sauces. Pro tip: Hate soggy veggies? Try packing them in a separate container from the dip. This will help them stay fresh and crisp!
3) Yogurt Cups and Granola Yogurt cups are a great snack for picnics because they are portable and easy to eat. Plus, they can be a refreshing option on a hot day. Simply pack some yogurt into a cup and top it with your favourite granola. For an extra special treat, add some fresh fruit on top. Pro tip: If you want to avoid the yogurt cups tipping over and possibly spilling everyone upon opening, place them in a container with a lid. This will prevent any accidents and keep your yogurt cups safe and sound.
4) Fruit Fruit is practically the perfect picnic snack because it's healthy, easy to eat, and doesn't have to require any prep work. Just throw a few apples, bananas, or oranges into your basket and you're good to go! Pro tip: The fruit could get squished if it's crammed in with everything else in your basket, so you may want to try packing it in a mesh bag. This will allow the air to circulate and prevent the fruit from getting bruised.
5) Trail Mix Trail mix is a great option for picnics because it's easy to make and can be stored in a container or bag. Plus, it's a healthy snack that will give you some energy for all of the activities you'll be doing. Simply mix together your favorite nuts, dried fruit, and cereal and you're good to go! Pro tip: If you want your trail mix to be extra tasty, try adding some chocolate chips or M&Ms. This will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a little boost of energy.
Happy Picnicking! So, there you have it! The five must-have picnic snacks for spring. Be sure to add a few of these to your basket the next time you head out for a picnic. And don't forget the napkins! Looking for a healthy and delicious meal after your picnic? Check out our menu at Sõl Kitchen here.