Looking for a healthy lunch in the Collingwood area? You’ve come to the right place! Here at Sõl Kitchen our food is not only delicious, but packed full of nutrients to help keep your body and mind in tip-top shape. Best of all, whether you’re looking for a healthy and hearty salad, bowl, sandwich, or perhaps even more deliciousness, you’re sure to find something that suits both your tastes and dietary needs at Sõl Kitchen. To help give you a better idea of what we have to offer, let’s take a look at our top 5 menu items for a healthy lunch in Collingwood!
1) Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Caesar Salad Want a unique twist on a classic? Then you’ve got to try our Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Caesar Salad, made with flavourful greens, toasted pumpkin seeds, and of course avocado and shrimp. While shrimp may not be well-known for its health benefits, it actually contains some pretty important nutrients. For example, it is one of the best food sources of iodine, a mineral that’s essential for both brain health and thyroid function. It’s also something that a lot of people tend to be missing from their diets, so that may be reason enough to give this salad a try!
2) Madras Chickpea and Vegetable Curry Bõl If you prefer something a little spicy, consider ordering our Madras Chickpea and Vegetable Curry Bol. It’s a medium-spiced curry with ginger and coconut milk, along with sesame sauteed bok choy, hearty greens, and brown basmati rice. For those who haven’t tried it before, bok choy is a leafy green vegetable full of various nutrients. For example, it’s a really good source of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that can help protect you from inflammation.
3) Black Bean Veggie Burger Those looking for a healthier version of a fast food favourite may want to try our grilled Black Bean Veggie Burger. This dairy-free option is topped with avocado salsa, fresh herb aioli, tomato, and greens and served on a brioche bun. Not only are black beans a great way to boost your fiber and protein intake, but they also contain other important nutrients that may help maintain healthy bones, lower blood pressure, and promote heart health. Your traditional fast food burger can’t do that!
4) Grilled Veggie and Hummus Panini or Wrap Sandwich-lovers may be interested in our Grilled Veggie and Hummus Panini or Wrap. It contains grilled veggies, shredded carrot, baby greens, and our very own lemon hummus. Hummus is a source of plant-based protein that’s packed with nutrients. For example, it’s high in fiber, which is great for your gut bacteria and overall digestive health. And who doesn’t want that?
5) Grilled Salmon If you tend to have a big appetite at lunch, you may want to opt for our Grilled Salmon. Our grilled organic red spring salmon comes with roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, hearty greens, and ginger aioli. You’ll certainly be full after this! Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is an essential nutrient. This means our bodies can’t create them naturally, so you have to get it from your diet. They may help reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and improve cell function, so you don’t want to miss out on your omega-3s! Check out these and our other menu items at Sõl Kitchen here. Hope to see you soon!