Are you looking for some healthy protein sources for meatless meals? If so, you've come to the right place! In this blog post, we will discuss six different protein-packed foods that you can use in your next meat-free meal. These foods are all healthy and nutritious, and they will help keep you feeling full and satisfied. So without further ado, let's get started!
1) Nuts & Seeds Nuts and seeds are a great way to add protein to your meals without the need for meat. For example, almonds alone have about 6 grams of protein in one ounce! And they're not the only ones. Other nuts like walnuts and cashews also have a high concentration of protein, making them perfect for adding to salads, snacks, and other meals. Seeds are also great for adding protein to your meals. Pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds all contain about 4 grams of protein per ounce. They also make a great addition to salads, soups, and other dishes.
2) Beans & Legumes Beans and legumes are another great source of protein for meatless meals. Lentils, for example, contain about 9 grams of protein per cup. This is the same amount of protein that you would get from eating a beef burger patty! Other beans like black beans and chickpeas are also great for adding protein to your meals. Try them in a variety of dishes, like salads, soups, and stews.
3) Quinoa Quinoa is an ancient grain that has quickly become a favourite among health-conscious eaters. It contains about 8 grams of protein per cup, making it a great source of plant-based protein. It's also high in fibre, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied. Quinoa can be a great addition to salads, roasted vegetables, and Buddha bowls.
4) Tofu & Tempeh Tofu and tempeh are both made from soybeans, and they're a great way to add protein to your meals. They both contain about 10 grams of protein per cup, and they can be used in a variety of dishes. Try marinating, grilling, or baking them for a delicious, protein-packed meal.
5) Edamame Edamame is a type of green soybean that is often served as an appetizer in Japanese restaurants. It contains about 8 grams of protein per cup, making it a great addition to salads, stir-fries, and other dishes.
6) Cheese Cheese is another excellent source of protein for meatless meals. Depending on the type, it can contain up to 8 grams of protein per ounce! Try adding cheese to pasta dishes, salads, or even just as a snack. Just remember to use it in moderation, as some types of cheese can be high in fat and calories.
The Bottom Line These are just a few of the many healthy protein sources that you can use in meatless meals. By adding these foods to your diet, you can easily get enough protein without the need for meat. So next time you're looking for a delicious, nutritious meal, try one of these options. Your body will thank you! Looking to try some of these meatless, healthy protein sources? We’ve got you covered! Click here to check out the Sõl Kitchen menu, and drop by for a bite today.